Hideout on the Horseshoe Wedding Guide
Hideout on the Horseshoe is a wedding and event venue located directly on the Guadalupe River in Canyon Lake, Texas. If you’re looking for a private retreat for you and your wedding guests, you’ve found it! Hideout on the Horseshoe offers exclusive access to their entire resort to just one event each weekend. Unlike other resort properties, you will not be sharing the space with other guests. This affords you the ability to use the property for all of your needs from check in on Friday through checkout on Sunday. You could host your rehearsal dinner, wedding day activities, and a Sunday brunch – all on site, if you wanted to.
Hideout on the Horseshoe is one of those places that just sets a body at ease. Once you arrive and settle in, you immediately start to relax. The cabins are set in the trees high above the Guadalupe river flowing below. You’ll enjoy kicking back on the expansive patios with a cold drink or toasting smores at one of the firepits, sharing old memories while surrounded by your family and friends. This is the kind of place where memories are made.
Don’t think that just because you’re in the hill country that you’re too far away from the action. You’re only 15 minutes away from Gruene Hall, the Gristmill, Schlitterbahn, and New Braunfels.
The cabins at Hideout on the Horseshoe can comfortably host about 100 of your guests on site for the weekend. While the grounds can comfortably hold 300 plus for your wedding celebration, it’s just as suited for a small wedding of 75.
One of the greatest perks that our couples experience when choosing Hideout on the Horseshoe is the price! Once your guests book their rooms you’ll often end up spending less for the venue rental than you would have spent on a traditional venue – and you get exclusive access to Hideout on the Horseshoe for an entire weekend and not a measly 10 hour block that we see with most other venues.
Hideout on the Horseshoe will provide a $1000 credit toward your planning services when you choose Yellow Umbrella Events to plan your wedding or event at Hideout on the Horseshoe.
We have provided a downloadable floor plan for each site at Hideout on the Horseshoe. Please use them as a reference during your planning and decision making process.
Cabin Floorplan Downloads
The pavilion is a covered site with a open sides, a stone fireplace, and restrooms that can be used in multiple ways. The surrounding event space allows for additional entertaining and activities. Both can be used in numerous ways, depending on your guest count and preferences.
It could be used for:
- A reception space that comfortably seats up to 90 under the covered pavilion and still allows space for a dance floor, cake table, bar, DJ or band, and a buffet. Larger guest counts would seat in the surrounding event space.
- A reception space that comfortably seats up to 160 under the covered pavilion. The dance floor, bar, DJ or band, and other items would be in the surrounding event space.
- A reception space that uses a combination of the covered pavilion and surrounding event space to accommodate 300 or more guests.
- A covered ceremony space (or a back up space in case of rain) for 300 or more guests.
The landing is a gorgeous spot located directly on the Guadalupe River. The space boasts light colored stone underfoot, beautiful cliff side views on one side and the Guadalupe River running along the opposite side, a large stone fireplace, and 2 stunning stone stairways leading to the pavilion – one alongside a tranquil water fall feature.
It could be used for:
- A ceremony space for 300 or more guests.
- A cocktail hour space for 300 or more guests.
- A reception space for up to 150 or more guests.
The following is included with your venue rental at Hideout on the Horseshoe:
- Exclusive Full Property usage for your rental time
- 19 Guest Cabins for Friday and Saturday nights, which accommodate up to 108 maximum overnight guests
- 200 White Resin Folding Chairs for the Ceremony
- 200 Mahogany Resin Folding Chairs for the Reception
- 20 – 60 inch Round Tables
- 8 Rectangular Solid Wood Tables
- 2 – 8 Foot Banquet Tables
- 1 – 36 inch Round Table
- Usage of all Fireplaces
- Exclusive Usage of Venue Kitchen, including Refrigerator and Oven
- Staff Assistance for the Day of your Wedding
- Set Up and Tear Down of all Ceremony Chairs and Reception Tables and Chairs
- Tubing Package with Private Transportation for all Resort Guests (weather dependent)
Is the pavilion air conditioned?
The pavilion is an open air and covered space set atop a cliff side overlooking the Guadalupe River. It is not air conditioned but there is pretty much always a light to medium breeze flowing through the space due to it’s location. It’s often 10 – 15 degrees cooler under the pavilion in the warmer months. There are also ceiling fans under the pavilion. You are welcome to bring in large fans or coolers if you would like but the temperature under the pavilion in the evening, when most of your guests will be partying away, is usually comfortable.
Is the pavilion heated?
Yes! There are large heaters overhead that keep the open air pavilion space quite toasty, even during the colder winter months. These can easily be turned on or off with the flip of a switch.
May we bring in a large tent?
Yes, we’ve had a tent as large as a 40 x 60 size with three connecting 20 x 20 tents and still had plenty of space! Hideout on the Horseshoe will allow you to bring in as many tents as you desire and that the space will allow. They have often allowed us to set up as early as the Thursday before an event, with take down not happening until Monday. They’re very flexible to work with!
Do you get to choose your own vendors?
Yes! One of the fabulous perks of this venues is that you can choose all of your own vendors – even your caterer. There is no required list of specific vendors that you must use. This gives you a ton of flexibility!
Can we bring our own alcohol?
Yes! You are free to bring (or have delivered) all of your own alcohol. This can represent a tremendous savings on your bar expenses. Most resorts require you to purchase their bar package, that can cost from $35 – $60 per guest. At Hideout on the Horseshoe you are able to host a full and open bar for much less than the cost of just beer and wine at other resorts. They don’t even charge a corkage fee!
Are there any special considerations for hosting our reception on the landing?
Yes, there are. The landing is primarily used for ceremonies and cocktail hours, since they occur in the daylight hours, but there is no reason you can’t use it for the entire event. Some things you should keep in mind are:
- You will need to bring in a lighting vendor for all evening events on the landing, as there are only a few torches for light – not enough ambient light for dining.
- Caterers, rental companies, and many other vendors charge about 20% extra to host your reception on the landing, due to the long distance from the catering kitchen and the amount of additional staff that would be needed to accommodate this.
What is the food truck policy?
Hideout on the Horseshoe does allow food trucks to service your wedding and event!
Here are some of our most recent weddings hosted at Hideout on the Horseshoe. This video and photos will give you some examples of how other couples have used the venue for their wedding.
Click to see blogs of our most recent wedding at Hideout on the Horseshoe.