Finding an Austin wedding venue for 300 or more guests can leave you feeling a bit underwhelmed. There are so few places that can truly accommodate this many guests that you might end up settling for a venue just because of the space alone. It can be quite frustrating, so we’ve put together this list of Austin area venues that will work for a wedding of 300 or more guests.
You should keep in mind that this blog post is constantly changing. If you come back to this same post next week, there may be more venues (or less) listed and more information about each venue may be added. And that’s a good thing! The Austin special event venue market is constantly changing, with new venues opening and changing almost every week. As we are aware of changes with these venues, we’ll post them here. We want to make for sure that you have the most up to date information that’s available.
We hope this list helps you find the perfect wedding venue! Since we primarily work locally with clients that anticipate larger guest counts we would love to work with you on your large guest count wedding or social event. If you’d like to work with us, you can Contact Us here or give us a call at #512.902.2743.
Just so you know – We are not receiving any compensation, financial or otherwise, from any of the listed venues. This information is being given strictly to be a help to you in your venue selection process.
We’re going to use the following criteria for the venues:
- Austin, Texas and the immediate surrounding areas
- Can accommodate a ceremony and reception at the same location
- Both an indoor AND outdoor ceremony and reception locations on site – in other words, there is a built in back up plan, in case of inclement weather, and there is enough logical outdoor space for an outdoor ceremony. Why? Because that’s what most couples are looking for.
- Can truly accommodate 300 or more guests COMFORTABLY. This is key, since a lot of venues will tell you that they can handle this guest count but your guests will be miserable. With this list, we’re allowing for a seated or buffet dinner with space for a dance floor, band or DJ, and bar space.
- It is not primarily a convention center style venue, like the Long Center or Palmer Events Center.
We’re going to list the venues below, divided into 2 categories. One for hotel and resorts and one for private (offsite or non hotel related) venues. You’ll find that the hotel resort category tends to have more options. That’s because they are designed for large corporate events and functions, so they’re naturally going to be able to accommodate a large guest count wedding.
Austin Area Hotel & Resort Venue Locations
All of the following listed Austin Hotel & Resort venues will require that you utilize their in house catering and banquet services, as well as bar packages, as a part of the rental of the venue’s spaces. Typically, a food & beverage minimum will need to be met as a condition of the rental, and will vary depending upon the exact space you choose, and your anticipated guest count.
– Four Seasons Ballroom & the Four Seasons Back Lawn
AT&T Conference Center
– Grand Ballroom and Courtyard
Hyatt Lost Pines – multiple ballrooms and spaces
– Baron’s Ballroom
– Lost Pines Grand Ballroom
– LBJ Pavilion
– Riversong Lawn
– Driving Range at Wolfdancer
Hyatt Regency Austin
– Zilker Ballroom
– Texas Ballroom
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin
Private Venues – Non Hotel & Resort Style Venues
Each of the following venues will have their own requirements for rental. Some may require usage of certain vendor or vendor types. Most commonly the requirement will involve the caterer that you’re allowed to use and/or the bar services.
Palm Door on 6th
Would you like to work with us on your large guest count wedding? We’d love to work with you! You can Connect With Us Here or give us a call at #512.902.2743.